Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Much Needed Reminder


Do you ever just get too caught up in all the options? I mean, there are just so many opportunities. Right now, Nicole is taking piano lessons, Bekah is taking piano and clogging, they both have young womens, Davy is playing football and has scouts, Darci and Elisabeth are taking a break this summer, but have both been involved with Liberty Girls and other classes. Just these things keep us pretty hoppin', but I also want my children to have lots of varied cultural and spiritual and social experiences. I want them to go to camps and simulations and classes, and... the opportunites are all there. I could seriously pack our schedule everyday with places to go and things to do. I've really been stressing about this lately as I've contemplated what kind of schooling to do this fall. I mean to the point of missing sleep. There are just so many options, all with their pros and cons.


So I was so grateful for the loving reminder Kris gave me while she was visiting. She said, "You know, I just remember my main goal is to raise worthy priesthood holders and righteous daughters of God." As soon as those words came out of her mouth, a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. That is the point. That is the one goal, that left in my sights, will keep me focused and fade all the periphery distractions. Thanks, Kris. I needed the reminder.

1 comment:

Amy Jones said...

Man, I think I totally needed that reminder as well. Thanks to Kris from me too.