Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's Harvest Time!

YUMMY


We're not only harvesting in the garden, though. We're also trying to harvest up some end of summer fun. On Tuesday, I took the kids to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. It's pretty cool. Lots of things to see and do and learn. It's awe inspiring to stand underneath a huge plant eater. (Yeah, I'm bad with dino names. Pretty much only know the main ones in Jurassic Park). Mary and Josh came with us and Mary and I decided it was a shame we hadn't been camping, so we went up American Fork canyon with the kids on Wednesday and camped. It rained all night, but we stayed dry and still had fun. Although, I have to say, camping is much more fun if you can have at least one day in between the loading up and unpacking. I forgot my camera otherwise I would post a picture. Mary took Darci and Bekah back to her house to help her setup her classroom and I went school supply shopping. Love all those school things the smell of paper and pencil lead.
This doesn't really fit under the category of summer fun, but three of us have been bitten by wasps this week. Poor husband's face is swollen up huge. Ouch! He's hoping ice-cream will cure it. It might for him. For me, ice-cream tends to have the opposite effect on my cheeks!

4 comments:

Heather said...

You are so lucky to have a garden. Everything looks wonderful. Sometimes we have mushrooms after a rain, but you can't eat them. Speaking of rain, it is August and still NO monsoons...just 110+ temperatures. Sorry about the wasp bites, that does not sound like fun.

Sammie said...

I want to see a picture of Dave's swollen face! You guys have been having too much fun!

Jonie said...

your produce pictures are impressive, we too are trying to cram in the rest of the fun things we want to get done before school starts

Jessica Renee said...

That is an impressive harvest! I tried to grow some vegetables in planters but my dog wouldn't leave it alone. Maybe next year?