Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread Expanded

My friend, Laura, taught our family the tradition of making gingerbread houses and we have loved it, so this year, now that I live close to most of little nieces and nephews, I decided to have a gingerbread house party as my Christmas gift to my nieces and nephews also giving three hours of children free time to my brothers, sister and their spouses. It was so much fun!!!
Busy at work. Thanks to Grandma and Aunt M. who came to help.

Is that Uncle Dave trying to steal some candy?!?




We ended up with 11 cute mini gingerbread houses. When their parents came back, it was fun to see if they could guess which house belonged to their child. A new tradition has arrived. Maybe next year, we'll try bigger houses and a night for mom's to make a house.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Those are so cute! Wish I could've been there!

Lewis Family said...

We love making gingerbread houses. I love the gift to the cousins idea (and their parents!) though. Fun tradition! ~Emily

Jonie said...

great idea, and they turned out beautiful

Heather said...

They are beautiful!! What a wonderful tradition, maybe one year we can join you :)
By the way, the new background is spectacular!

Laura said...

Very fun! You are so generous with your time and what a fun way to spend it with cousins and such. BTW, THANKS so much for shopping with me the other day. It was great to catch up and visit. Plus, I'm going back Paradise Cafe and Bakery next time I'm up there!

Heather said...

Is it necessary that girls be present so they look like actual houses? They look awesome! Heather